1. Star anise Latin name Illicium verum, it is easy to find in your own spice rack, although the specific flavor it imparts may be difficult to emulate. It is a small, star-shaped fruit native to China and Japan. The five-pointed pods of the star anise tree are picked early, dried, and can be found either whole or ground following your application .
2. In Chinese most of the family and restaurant , it is often used as a seasoning in meat and poultry dishes, especially duck. In cooking, it is more often found as a flavoring for sweets, compotes, and in anise-flavored liquors.
3. Star anise contains many medicinal compounds that contribute to its long list of health benefits. In fact, much of the star anise plant production today is used for the extraction of shikimic acid, the active ingredient in flu medications like Tamiflu. It also contains several other potent compounds, such as linalool, vitamin C and anethole.
4. It can be ground up and used as a spice or used whole to deepen the flavor and aroma of soup, stew, coffee or broth. Plus, its sweet undertones can balance out savory dishes or even help amp up the flavor of sweets and desserts.
5. The quality of our Star Anise is in line with The European Union standards.The origin place is Guangxi.
6. We can provide bulk package of Star Anise , like 20kg, 25 per bag or carton.
7. We have some types of Star Anise, it can be the whole, broken or powders, high quality or economical following your requirement. For the detailed, please send a inquiry to us !
Health benefits of Star Anise
Star anise is not only popular as a spice, but also as a Chinese herbal medicine or health tea, which is
good for people's health
1. Kills Off Bacteria
Pathogenic bacteria can cause a variety of ailments, ranging from ear infections to urinary tract infections and beyond. Star anise has been shown to possess powerful antibacterial properties and may be beneficial in protecting against these harmful strains of bacteria.
2. Rich in Antioxidants
Antioxidants are substances that can protect against the formation of harmful free radicals in the body. Getting enough antioxidants in your diet can also combat oxidative stress, which can prevent the progression of chronic disease
3. Wards Off Fungal Infections
In addition to killing off pathogenic strains of bacteria, some research also shows that star anise pods could possess powerful antifungal properties as well. Fungal infections are often more difficult to treat and can present in a variety of forms, from yeast infections to athlete鈥檚 foot and jock itch.
4. May Boost Heart Health
Brimming with potent antioxidants, star anise may be able to help reduce oxidative stress, prevent the buildup of harmful free radicals and help enhance heart health.
5. Could Help Regulate Blood Sugar
High blood sugar can cause a long list of diabetes symptoms, from increased thirst to difficulty concentrating, fatigue and even unintentional weight loss. Left untreated, high blood sugar can even contribute to more serious issues long-term, such as kidney failure and nerve damage
How to make Cinnamon tea
鈥?Crushed Star Anise (4 fruits)
鈥?2 Cups of Water
鈥?Honey 鈥?2 Tablespoons
鈥?Sugar to Taste (Optional)
1. Pour Water (2 Cups) into teapot and bring to a boil
2. Reduce heat and add the crushed star anise and honey to the infuser section of your teapot.
3. Simmer on low heat for ~ 5 minutes.
4. Turn off heat and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes. Remove infuser and pour the tea into your desired teacups.
5. Add sugar to taste (optional) and slowly stir. Now the Star Anise Tea is ready to consume!
If you want to get creative, you can also add other spices to the mix as well. Spices that compliment star anise are cardamom seeds, cinnamon sticks, ginger root, Etc.Spices price